Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Grace

Hidden Rose by J. Scott Peck
Grace, originally used in the Christian tradition, can be received by anyone. It is defined, in any tradition, as an unexpected blessing. Whether we call its giver our greater power, Holy Spirit, or Divine Source, grace is the sacred power that helps to pull us out of the drama and chaos of limiting, ego-centered living and opens up life-changing breakthroughs that we may have thought would never happen.

Miracles are one form of grace.

Other forms are subtle and may be happening at this very moment within you.

Grace is that hidden power that is already there as a gift. To receive it, we need to do nothing, or do less of being ego-centered, in order to be able to open up and receive.


A Prayer for Grace

"I pray for your holy and benevolent blessing of grace to give me the courage to step in the direction of my heart's desire without hesitation or fear. Help me not to succumb to the endless stream of excuses and reasons that my ego offers for avoiding my authentic path. I ask for your grace today to help me stop talking about what I am going to do and, instead, actually do it. I ask for your loving and merciful grace to help me remain conscious and mindful of your loving presence in my life, blessing me over and over with your loving gifts." 

from the book Grace, Guidance, and Gifts by Sonia Choquette

No comments:

Post a Comment